Great new Career Opportunity in Hospice!
Now Hiring - Billing Coordinator - Cranford,NJ
Ascend Hospice - is part of the Ascend family of Healthcare Companies. Our mission is to define excellence within the health care community. We are dedicated to inspiring people to live better lives through innovative health and wellness programs, products and services. We treat residents, their families and each other with respect, dignity and compassion. Through a collaborative and consultative approach, we strive to provide a framework of strength and stability for our patients, families and associates. We work to maintain the highest standards of care and service for our patients, families and valued employees.
We are proud to Offer:
If working with people who are dedicated, compassionate, and concerned about their patients is essential to you, then you'll appreciate being a part of our team. We've built a strong reputation on the outstanding level of care that we provide.
Ascend Hospice is an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Billing Coordinator, will be responsible for but not limited to:
1. Routinely monitors all high balance accounts to ensure follow up activity.
2. Ensures all primary and secondary billing is followed up in a timely manner.
3. Develops monthly action plans to lower receivable and increase cash flow.
4. Demonstrates confidence and knowledge of Medicaid and Medicare billing processes and systems.
5. Works closely with Medicaid and Medicare representative to ensure that all payments and allowances are accurate.
6. Submits NOE for assigned payors.
7. Follow up on certification and re-certification pending list.
8. Serves as nursing facility liaison on Medicaid related issues.
9. Analyzes and posts Medicaid remittance advices.
10. Informs Manager of any Medicaid related issues of importance.
11. Ensures that patient income is accurately reflected in patient accounting system.
12. Ensures that Medicaid room and board payments to nursing facilities are processed in a timely manner.
13. Ensures that appropriate documentation is completed by hospice staff to meet billing requirements. Interact with office staff.
14. Answers inquiries regarding financial data, accounting and billing.
15. Maintains and submits monthly records of In-Patient Unit and Respite admissions.
16. Maintains and submits monthly records of all private insurance patients.
17. Verifies all incoming accounts.
18. Performs insurance billing and payment audits periodically.
19. Sends letters to facilities to confirm discharges and revocations.
High School Diploma or Equivalent