Great new Career Opportunity in Hospice!
Now Hiring - Staffing Coordinator - Kansas City, MO
Hours: Monday - Friday 8:30a-5:00p
Ascend Hospice - is part of the Ascend family of Healthcare Companies. Our mission is to define excellence within the health care community. We are dedicated to inspiring people to live better lives through innovative health and wellness programs, products and services. We treat residents, their families and each other with respect, dignity and compassion. Through a collaborative and consultative approach, we strive to provide a framework of strength and stability for our patients, families and associates. We work to maintain the highest standards of care and service for our patients, families and valued employees.
We are proud to Offer:
If working with people who are dedicated, compassionate, and concerned about their patients is essential to you, then you'll appreciate being a part of our team. We've built a strong reputation on the outstanding level of care that we provide.
Ascend Hospice an Equal Opportunity Employer
The Staffing Coordinator will be responsible for, but are not limited to:
1. Coordinates and generates efficient and accurate schedules for nursing staff.
2. Coordinates and prioritizes assignments based on need; ensuring regular and effective communication with all appropriate parties (CHHAs, RNs, patients, family members, etc.)
3. Coordinates and works with managers, and other appropriate staff, to assign work on a daily basis; promptly alerts management of scheduling gaps for service needs.
4. Ensures accurate and appropriate levels of service within scope of responsibility.
5. Acts as back-up to other Staffing Coordinators to supplement scheduling duties as needed.
6. Monitors and controls use of overtime and contract labor
7. Ensures Hospice Aides follow company procedures and provides direction as necessary
8. Provides input into the clinical evaluations of all Hospice Aides
9. Acts as a resource for Hospice Aides who experience difficulties, professionally or personally
10. Serves as a liaison between the Hospice Aides and the Human Resources Department and other departments
11. Acts as a backup to other Hospice Aide Coordinators
12. Coordinates logistics of quarterly aide day
13. Remains flexible and adaptable regarding work schedule and assignments based on needs; available for on-call weekends as needed.
High School Diploma or equivalent, Associate's Degree preferred